Repairable error screen
The Bosch Electronic Repair Service only repairs EHB hydraulic units that have not been separated from the pump or control unit. So, please always send us the complete system! Removal and packaging
Before removing the unit, it must first be deactivated! This protects you from danger during removal and is a requirement for repairs by Bosch repair specialists. A diagnostic tester (e.g. the Bosch KTS range) is required for the deactivation!
EHB systems are sensitive products that place brake fluids under very high pressure, can be very dirty and are very heavy. Therefore, they must be sent in specific packaging material in order to prevent transport damage caused by leaking liquids or rough handling.
Upon receipt of your order, we will contact you by phone and, if necessary, send you special packaging materials as soon as possible. We usually send these the following day.
Defective EHBs must be packaged as described below:
Return shipment and installation
- Empty the hydraulic system completely. (Warning: Never cut off the hydraulic accumulator!) The lower the residual quantity of hydraulic fluid in the system, the lower the risk of transport damage.
- Seal the hydraulic channels with suitable sealing plugs, size M10 and M12. Make sure there is a secure locking element so that any leaking brake fluid cannot damage your valuable device.
- Protect the connector strip against damage using a special attachment.
- Package the device in a cardboard box so that it is protected against humidity and shock-resistant. The device must be padded in such a way so that it does not penetrate the packaging even if it falls from a height of 1.5 metres!
- Before closing, enclose the printed out repair certificate.
In the event of returning goods, you will receive a newly filled hydraulic unit in original Bosch shipping packaging with all the required packaging material for secure and clean shipping. Therefore, we recommend that you do not dispose of the empty shipping packaging. Instead, use the packaging directly for the next order. This saves you work and conserves the environment!
You must reactivate the unit after installing it! A diagnostic tester (e.g. the Bosch KTS range) is required for this!